Tuesday 22 November 2011

Rises to the End

Christopher Nolan just had an interview with Empire magazine, revealing some information about his upcoming movie "The Dark Knight Rises". Nolan said that it will take place eight years after "The Dark Knight", and will be about how Bruce Wayne is older, and weaker than before. Other information that isn't knew, but still worth writing about would be the new actors and characters joining this Nolan Batman series. Tom Hardy (Inception), is playing Bane, and Anne Hathaway (Ella Enchanted), is playing Catwoman. I just went on IMDB and saw that Joseph Gordan-Levitt is also in this, the original rumor was that he was going to be the Riddler and be the main villain, which I think I would hav enjoyed, but am still happy with the idea of Tom Hardy as Bane. Instead of the Riddler, Gordan-Levitt is playing "John Blake", who is a character that I have never heard of.

The rest of the old cast is still there, and will be back (without Ledger sadly). But yes, Morgan Freeman is back as Lucius Fox, Michael Cane as Alfred, Gary Oldman as Commisioner Gordan. Even Liam Neeson and Cillian Murphy are coming back for the last one to reprise their roles as Ra's Al Ghul and The Scarecrow. Looking at this cast I realize that there are a lot of returning actors from Nolan's last film "Inception", and I just love this because all of my favorite directors typically use the same actors in a lot of their films. I find it really gives the actors a sense of comfort, and imagine that these are the films they enjoy making the most, because they keep returning to the director.

I didn't know until today that it would take place eight years after "The Dark Knight", but it does make sense. And is very possible, as we all know by looking at all the films of Christian Bale, he has no problem with changing his body for the a role.




I am sad that this series will be over, but all good things must come to an end. I'm sure there will be future batman films in my time... but I'm positive none will come close to the Nolan series.

No comments:

Post a Comment