Friday 14 October 2011

Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich?!

While researching for my film studies project, I had to watch scenes from 90s films. One scene I watched was from a movie called "Being John Malkovich", which I have already seen before. The specific scene I watched was the one of the craziest scenes I've ever seen in a movie in general.

The plot of this film is about a down on his luck puppeteer, who finds a secret room that is a portal to the mind of John Malkovich. After entering the portal you are able to see what John Malkovich sees for about 15 minutes, then you get spit out into a bush on the side of the highway. This is porbably one of the most unique film plots I have ever heard.

But back to the specific scene that I might be showing my class. The scene is when John Malkovich finds the portal, and enters it. Which brings an important question, what happens when a man enters his own mind?

When he enters the portal he appears in a dinner where everybody has the head of John Malkovich, and the only words spoken or read in this bazar world, are ther word Malkovich.

This scene is so funny, scary and weird all at the same time.

Just found this on reddit, I thought it wasn an interesting idea, take your favorite movie, then recast it...

Mine being Pulp Fiction, here we go...
Jules Winfield  - Anthony Hopkins
Vincent Vega  - Edward Norton
Pumpkin/Ringo  - Brad Pitt
Honey Bunny  - Kaitlin Olson
Lance  - Bob Odenkirk
Butch Coolidge  - Daniel Dae Kim
Marcellus Wallace  - Jack Nicholson
Mia Wallace  - Kate Winslet

No comments:

Post a Comment