Thursday 27 October 2011

Blair Shooting

Apparently there was a shooting at the Gloucester Center yesterday, and two people were killed. I found out about this on facebook last night, and many people were freaking out. Just after this one time, now people are saying they will never bus again, or go to that mall again... which obviously is an absurd over reaction. To my knowledge this is the first time that this has happened in the mall since I've lived in Ottawa. Although this does shock me, it doesn't scare me. Probably because I don't use the OC transpo as much as I used to. I'm not sure if it's confirmed, but the rumor going around is that it was about drugs (cocaine), so as long as you aren't involved with drugs, then you should be fine.

I find it crazy that everyone finds their news on facebook, twitter, etc. One person posts somethnig about it, and seconds later everyone on their friends list can learn that in a second. Although I did read the actual article posted on a legitimate news website, I got the link from facebook. In the past, for example 9/11, one thing that would always come up would be "where were you? (when it happened/when you found out)". Modern day society everyone learns their info sitting infront of their computer, although its convenient, and this kind of communication, in a way it is rather sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment